Obviously don't forget the September Challenge is also running, see below.
Since I first announced the contest a number of awesome people have donated prizes, we have pictures, points and a plushie for 1st Prize now. People seem to be assuming this is a group contest rather than a
contest so I'll post more info here.
Contest details and rules are here: [link]
Deadline October 25th
To answer a few comon questions:
1. Tracing/eyeballing doesn't mean you can't use stock as references. I just don't want people going out and googling someone else's dragon and copying it line for line then giving it a witch hat and claiming it was all their own work.
Tracing would mean you would put paper or a layer over the top and draw line for line, if people overlayed the drawings later they would match perfectly.
Eyeballing means you just did it from sight so the proportions may be slightly out if overlayed.
You can still use other dragons for inspiration or pose help, just use your imagination and create your own dragon.
2. So long as there is a dragon in the picture its all good. Can be a person/creature dressed as a dragon for Halloween or perhaps a cow with dragon wings, tail and spikes. Whatever takes your fancy but theres got to be dragon in there somewhere.
(These should be common sense for existing members anyway because the same applies to the challenges.)
3. You can enter as many times as you like but you can only win once, if all your pictures placed in the top 3 you'd get the best prize you achieved and the other prizes would go to the next best.
We have been featured in a news article [link]
Its a collection of contests and somewhere near the bottom is the Halloween Dragons Contest. Please do take a look, there are lots and lots of other contests and groups in there, you may find something else fun to enter.Contest news article: [link]
Features last year's entries to help get you in the mood/inspire you.
Please fave it
The judging for this will be done by panel of volunteers, if you volunteer you cant enter (but our October challenge will be Halloween theme anyway so you can still draw Halloween dragons).
The Gallery folder is open for everyone to submit, do not need to be a group member but as with challenges submissions must be approved by group admin before they show up.
September News Article: [link]Please fave it!
My current balance is: 1464 points, this will be used to buy next year's subscription which is about 9700 points.
Note: points must be sent to
as group points not enabled yet.
Thanks to everyone who donated!!
If you want to help raise points you can try the Llama trading game. [link]
Llama badges are free to give so you can earn a free points without having to pay any money.
You have until the end of September to submit your entry to the September 2010 Entries folder.
birthday is in September you are all expected to draw me birthday presents. I have chosen the stock myself, tea, frogs and birthday streamers!
As usual you may do a dragon based on 1, 2 or even all of the pictures.
Please make sure you read and follow the individual stock artist's rules for the picture you choose.You must credit the stock image in your own image description.
1. Must be new and your own work, please credit all stock used and follow the individual stock artist's rules.
2. Must contain at least one dragon.
3. Must be able to explain how the picture fits the challenge.