Halloween Dragon Contest 2011!
Also happy to have any prize donations, just comment or send a note if you want to donate. You can still enter if you donate prizes.
Well I ran a poll and people wanted a new contest so here it is: [link]
New articiles: [link]
Please fave this!!!
I want to see Halloween Dragons again!! There can never be enough Halloween dragons (or Halloween dragon type animals, if you want to make a Halloween Cow dragon for example go ahead).
Deadline: October the 28th So results should be available by Halloween.Rules:
1. Must be your own work, no stealing, tracing, eyeballing.
2. If you use stock credit it correctly and follow the stock artist's rules.
3. Must be a dragon or normal creature given dragon features.
4. Must be new submitted between 25/09/2011 and 28/10/2011
5. No writing, sorry.
6. MUST BE HALLOWEEN!
7. Must put a link to me or my contest journal in your image description.
8. Those of you entering the #TheDragonChallenge September or October challenges may use your entries in the contest aswell if they fit the contest theme.
Please submit all entries to the Contest Gallery Folder in my group
You don't need to be a member to submit to this folder but
it wont appear instantly as the group admin have to check it follows the contest rules first.Prizes:
Dragon and journal feature and 500 points from
Full colour picture with background by
Dragon and journal feature and 300 points from
Detailed lineart from
Dragon and journal feature and 200 points from
Detailed Sketch from Judging
If you volunteer to judge you can't enter. I think we probably have enough judges now though. Entries:
Are again being collected in my group gallery.
Please go to [link]
to submit or view entries.
Obviously don't forget the September Challenge is also running, see below.Contest FAQ:
Contest details and rules are here: [link]
Deadline October 28th
To answer a few common questions:
1. Tracing/eyeballing doesn't mean you can't use stock as references. I just don't want people going out and googling someone else's dragon and copying it line for line then giving it a witch hat and claiming it was all their own work.
Tracing would mean you would put paper or a layer over the top and draw line for line, if people overlayed the drawings later they would match perfectly.
Eyeballing means you just did it from sight so the proportions may be slightly out if overlayed.
You can still use other dragons for inspiration or pose help, just use your imagination and create your own dragon.
2. So long as there is a dragon in the picture its all good. Can be a person/creature dressed as a dragon for Halloween or perhaps a cow with dragon wings, tail and spikes. Whatever takes your fancy but theres got to be dragon in there somewhere.
(These should be easy for existing members anyway because the same applies to the challenges.)
3. You can enter as many times as you like but you can only win once, if all your pictures placed in the top 3 you'd get the best prize you achieved and the other prizes would go to the next best.
The judging for this will be done by panel of volunteers, if you volunteer you cant enter (but our October challenge will be Halloween theme anyway so you can still draw Halloween dragons).
The Gallery folder is coming soon for everyone to submit, do not need to be a group member but as with challenges submissions must be approved by group admin before they show up.
My current balance is: 2555 points, this will be used to buy next year's subscription which is about 9700 points. Points I am giving for prizes will be bought by me in October, I will not be using the 2555 I have saved up for the group.
Note: points must be sent to
as group points not enabled yet.
Thanks to everyone who donated!!
If you want to help raise points you can try the Llama trading game. [link]
Llama badges are free to give so you can earn a free points without having to pay any money.
You have until the end of September to submit your entry to the September 2011 Entries folder. The theme here is really colours, you can use the actual image as a background if you want or you can just use the general colour as inspiration, either way you must still credit the stock image and your image must be new, drawn and submitted between 1st September and 30th September. No random dragons please, they must actually be drawn for the challenge.
As usual you may do a dragon based on 1, 2 or even all of the pictures.
Please make sure you read and follow the individual stock artist's rules for the picture you choose.You must credit the stock image in your own image description.
1. Must be new and your own work, please credit all stock used and follow the individual stock artist's rules.
2. Must contain at least one dragon.
3. Must be able to explain how the picture fits the challenge.